REGIONAL SALES MANAGER-Western Region/Canada
Our Business is Growing!
Pacific Plug & Liner (PP&L), a division of Smith Gardens, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our team. PP&L is located in the beautiful Monterey Bay area with a climate ideal for perennial plant production. PP&L is a leading perennial young plants operation with approximately 300,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing consistent and superior quality product.
This position is responsible for young plant sales in the Western region of US and Canada. The RSM is responsible for supporting and training the broker sales force to generate perennial young plant sales to growers in the region, and for generating new business by direct involvement with small to high-volume growers.
• Build, acquire and manage strong relationships with key growers and brokers
• Identify and target all potential grower accounts within the region and determine which broker representative(s) to work with in pursuing the business
• Analyze and determine market and customer needs to develop and implement annual regional sales plans and forecasts in cooperation with Director of Sales and Marketing
• Successfully launch all new programs and product lines to meet regional and company growth objectives
• Travel extensively with key broker representatives to help sell programs and grow business
• Conduct on-going training to educate and motivate broker representatives within the region
• Work with customers, brokers and home office to resolve product credit requests
• Attend critical trade shows within the region and nationally
• Negotiate special pricing and discounts with brokers and key growers as required
• Maintain thorough understanding of customer and competitive plug/liner market
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, horticulture or related field
• Minimum 7 years of Horticultural sales experience with grower/broker relationships is required
• Experience with young plants
• Excellent reputation in the industry
• Willingness to travel extensively - up to 50%
Please send us your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!